Soft and cosy PJs go along way towards ensuring a
child’s good nights sleep and granting that well earned mum-time.- But what about the youngster’s bedroom.
Pixie Dixie stockist, Lucinda Croft, owner of Knightsbridge
children’s emporium Dragons Of Walton Street lists her top ten tips to creating
the ultimate children’s bedroom.
1. Agree an amount to spend and stick to it.
2. Ideally start with a fabric and work the rest of the room
around it as that gives you your colour palette to start the room.
3. Once you've chosen your colour scheme only then choose
your furniture must haves. What is your child interested in can you encourage their
personality by including their passions in the decoration? For example my
daughter adores dogs so we found a way to bring that into her room with a fun
embroidered fabric and some hand painting!
4. Accessorise the child’s room with some fun accents lamp
shades in co-ordinating colours , rugs, duvet cover or bedspread during the
5. Buy beautiful prints to brighten the room and create
memories for your child as they lie in their beds. If you can afford a mural
with a tromp l’oeil effect it is magical and memorable for example when a
pretend doorway is painted as if the child could step out into an imaginary
6. Make sure you choose a cosy, colourful rug to bring the
colours of the room together.
7. The room needs to be both practical and magical, Floor space when they are young is imperative as they love to play on the
8. Make sure they can access everything easily school
clothes, books, shoes as it encourages independence and the strange notion that
everything has a ‘home’ and can be easily put away.
9. A cosy space where you can curl up with them for story
time is essential. You can make large cushions of buy bean bags. Children love
different textures like some of the faux fur throws you can buy to create a
good nurturing space.
And finally, the best tip of all:
10.Snuggle up and take a moment to enjoy your little one as
the years go quickly!
Some bedrooms that caught our eye.
A nautical life ahead?
Soldiers at Harrods
The car racer bedroom
The Horsey Bedroom